Folkestone & Hythe
Constituency Labour Party
A Warm Welcome!
- There has never been a more important time to use your voice and to use your vote for change.
- Thanks to all for Voting LABOUR in the May elections for KCC, Folkestone Town Central and New Romney Town Council seats. We achieved some outstanding results: more details can be found by clicking here…
Folkestone and Hythe CLP is a fantastic group of active, open and welcoming members, working hard to make a difference locally as well as changing the political landscape nationally. If you’re thinking about joining, we promise a warm welcome to all new members – just click here to find out more!
The information in this section explains how things work in our local Party and how you can get involved.
Getting active in your local Party is a great way to:
- Meet other Labour Party members — and make new like-minded friends in your local area
- Bring new ideas and enthusiasm to your local Party
- Make your voice heard in shaping the direction of the Party and Party policy
- Organise local campaigns and get Labour’s message out to your local community
- Help Labour win local and general elections!
Our Constituency Labour Party
The Constituency Labour Party, or CLP, is the hub for local party activity, made up from Labour members in our constituency. Our constituency stretches from Folkestone to the east, to New Romney to the west, and the Elham Valley to the north.
The CLP is run on a day-to-day level by a group of elected officers which is called the Executive Committee (EC).
The officers are chosen each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) by our local membership. This group is responsible for taking decisions in between the All Members’ Meetings, or as an executive body in its own right.
Click here for further information about who’s who and the roles and responsibilities of the Executive Committee.
We hold regular meetings to which every member in our constituency is invited to debate current issues.
All Members’ Meetings (AMM) are held on the third Saturday in January, March, May, July, September, November and December.
Your Branch is your first port of call for getting involved. If you are a Labour member, you are welcome to attend your local Branch meetings, your Branch AGM (where your Branch Officers are usually elected) and council candidate selection meetings. As our constituency covers a wide area with different challenges, our CLP has six local Branches.
Find out about your Branch’s next meeting and go along – more information and links can be found here.