Community Action Pack
How you can get involved in campaigns, issues and community….
This page offers suggestions and ideas for those of you who want to make a real difference and have some time, skills and energy to contribute. The content is under regular review and we welcome suggestions – we’ll update as often as possible.
As an individual, you can support many of our local organisations with practical community action:
a good starting point is the Kent Volunteering website – many members give their time as volunteers.
We have a listing of local Labour activists, so we can call for support when we are arranging activities such as leafletting, stalls, canvassing and other work to promote our Labour policies.
To join this group, you can email us or go to our online sign-up page, by clicking here
Key issues for our commuity:
- Below are four themes which the local Labour Party is addressing in our policies and actions.
- These are used here as key headings to provide information for you activists out there!
- From this page, if you click on one of the four main headings, below…
- …the link will take you to a section containing ideas for getting involved: info on campaigns, groups and contacts….
- Environment and Well Being
- Education and Skills
- Economy and Planning (including food poverty and Cost of Living issues)
- Transport and Communications
In each case, we have someone in the CLP with personal knowledge of the organisation or campaign listed – so if you get in touch, we can usually find someone to talk to you about their experience.
Use the usual email link – click here if you want more information!
We hope you find it useful!